Leaf Pickup Begins: October 24
Please note the following:
- Chipping of branches by the DPW is paused during leaf season. Try to break up branches to fit into Yard Waste containers for Tuesday pickup if possible.
- Please avoid on-street parking during the hours of 7am and 3 pm. Parking on your leaf pile will prevent pickup – parking on your neighbor’s leaf pile is not nice at all.
- Once the leaf truck has been down your street, please do not call the DPW to ask us to come back.
- More leaves will be on the ground after December 2nd. Consider mowing them onto the lawn, feeding your lawn and enriching the soil. Put them in bags or cans. Or, after December 13th, stash them until Yard Waste pickup resumes in April. Check socrra.org website for rules for drop off of bagged yard waste.
- Remember, nothing but leaves can be put in the street – no grass clippings, vines, rocks, sticks, pumpkins, cornstalks, hay bales, tall grasses, potted plant material, etc. All of those items (except rocks) ARE acceptable in tall paper yard waste bags or cans with YARD WASTE stickers for Tuesday pickup by Tringali.
- Please make sure your landscaper understands the deadlines and rules.